Description / Descripción
The Operations Manager is responsible for the development and execution of strategic and operational production plans at the Waco, TX manufacturing facility. The Operations Manager will be responsible for developing production schedules to ensure that customer requirements are met as well as ensure that all materials needed for production are available for use. The Operations Manager will be the lead for continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives in the production area of the facility while promoting safety in the work environment.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Waco, TX plant comprised of multiple value streams and key functional areas.
- Achieve budgeted and strategic performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, cost, delivery, and other pre-determined KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Lead production team through strategic plan development and opportunity identification.
- In partnership with functional support teams, define key improvement initiatives, establish a multi-year capital plan, and outline key operating targets.
- Leverage lean manufacturing principles such as 5-S, TPM (total productive maintenance) and Kaizen events to achieve results.
- Be highly visible to associates and create a welcome environment for participation. Promote active/hands-on management to solve problems and promote associate involvement approach to problem solving
- Establish and maintain strong connectivity with purchasing teams while developing relationships with key external suppliers to ensure operational issues are proactively identified, addressed, and improved.
- In alignment with functional leaders, set vision for work performance standards and metrics (safety, quality, cost, delivery) and establish a process to monitor results against these standards.
- Responsible for creation of and training to Production Warehouse duties and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to meet and / or exceed performance standards year over year
- Lead production team through fiscal budget development and delivery of plan
- Partner with Engineering on the design and execution of capital projects to drive greatest productivity and quality outcomes
- In partnership with Human Resources, develop and ensure execution of comprehensive talent strategy aimed at the attraction, development, engagement, and retention of production associates.
- Responsible for managing team through daily operational needs, ensuring alignment of activities and resources within plant.
- Develop associates by providing coaching, information, ideas, feedback, and encouragement to promote the growth within team
- Represent operations regarding new product and market development.
- Other duties, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- High level of organizational skill is required.
- Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SAP ERP Systems
- 4-year college degree (Bachelors) in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in operations management in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Certification a plus